Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sunday Outdoor Yoga (7/1) - Restorative Yoga

NOTE: As of Saturday night (10P), the forecast says it is expected to rain early Sunday morning (around 3A-6A), which means there is potential that the grass may be wet for tomorrow's yoga. I will still be there to check out the grounds, but I warn you that it may be a risk that yoga will not take place depending upon the grass. So come prepared, but without any expectations. Take it like vinyasa - go with the flow and we'll see where it takes us... see you tomorrow AM! :)

It sure looks like it will be nice throughout this weekend, so needless to say (but just in case you guys needed confirmation), there will be outdoor yoga tomorrow. As promised, tomorrow will be a restorative day, so many of the poses will be more gentle with a focus on flexibility rather than the usual strength.

Also, tomorrow, I will be bringing a camera with hopes to take some photos to post on the website, so just wanted to give you all a heads-up. For those who are camera shy, just let me know in advance. Lastly, please sign up for this class by leaving a comment or sending me an e-mail so that I know how many to expect. It certainly helps with the planning!

I look forward to seeing you all. Enjoy the weekend!

Location: MacDonald Park (along Rt.16)
Meeting Place: MacDonald Park parking lot (near the State Police)
Meeting time: 9:50A
Yoga class time: 10A-11A
Bring: yoga mat, water, sunscreen, and smiles

Also, if you always wanted to introduce someone to yoga, this would be a great class because it is a lot more gentler than the classes that we are used to, so I encourage you to share your practice with others and spread the word about yoga!!!

See you then!

1 comment:

sammi said...

Thanks for coming out to enjoy the lovely sun, meet some new people, and enjoy a wonderful, restorative yoga practice!

I know I mentioned I was bringing a camera, and I didn't realize I completely forgot about it until after the class, so next week!

Today's class was a toned down version of our normal practice. I generally do not teach restorative classes, but have received some feedback on incorporating them every now and then. It would be extremely helpful to me if you could provide me with some feedback on today's restorative practice. Was the practice not as "restorative"? Was it too restorative? Did the warm-up sequence assist with stretching and diving deeper into flexibility poses? Anything and everything you can think of about this morning's practice would be extremely appreciated!

Once again, it was great seeing all of you and to hear such positive feedback about our practice! I look forward to seeing you again next week!

Enjoy your 4th!